Friday, December 18, 2009

How can I remove the highlight color that covers the names of the icons on my desktop in WINDOWS XP?

How can I remove the highlight color that covers the names of the icons on my desktop in WINDOWS XP. Thanx in advance.How can I remove the highlight color that covers the names of the icons on my desktop in WINDOWS XP?
Control Panel%26gt;System%26gt;Advance tab%26gt;Performance setting%26gt;Visual Effects tab%26gt;check Use Drop Shadows on icon LabelsHow can I remove the highlight color that covers the names of the icons on my desktop in WINDOWS XP?
You cannot remove them because they are actually holes in your wallpaper that shows your desktop. The best you can do is change the color to match your wallpaper. On your desktop, right-click to bring up the display menu. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Properties. Click on the Desktop tab at the top. In the lower right hand corner of the box you should see your desktop color, which will be the highlight color you were talking about. Click on the color and then click on Other. Another box will pop up with a color grid. Play with the basic colors on the left and tweaking the white balance on the right until you get the color you want in the lower box. When you get what you want, click Add to Custom Colors. It will appear in one of the little white boxes on the bottom left side. Click on that little white box one time to put a dashed line around it and then click ok. It will take you back to the previous box with your new color in the box. Click Apply then OK. That should replace the highlight color with one that blends in. I hope this helps and have fun! Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment