Saturday, December 26, 2009

My hair is naturally black but I was thinking about getting highlights? What colors would work?

I want to get two different colors. Nothing outrageous, but nice. I was thinking a dark purple( it would only look purple in the light) with a somewhat honey color. Or A rich red with the honey. If you can't tell I want the honey color. But would it work?My hair is naturally black but I was thinking about getting highlights? What colors would work?
i am presently attending paul mitchell school, and if ur hair is black then it will need to be lightened, hopefully u dont have chemicalsin your hair, but in order to get the full color from jet black hair, the black MUST be lightened, with black hair u really want to stick to the red or purple, i want the purple as well, go to this website called fudge, its got awesome hair color ideas, but the honey wont be too cute unless complimented on brown hair to be honest, but please let some professional person do this to your hair, not the at home stuff, and ask them as many questions as u need to, dont forget to condition, condition, condition, u cant over do it, and use a reconstructor about once a month to rehydrate the hair and to keep the damage to a minimalMy hair is naturally black but I was thinking about getting highlights? What colors would work?
um light and drak brown. a girl in my cheerleading squad has that and looks amazing. (her hair does )
well the honey would bring out more you have to worry about what will compliment your face becouse if you use something like red or purple it will make you face seem just a little bit dark and pale but if you mix your highlight like from honeyand other brown colors becouse you have to remimber that your hair color should show you face and not block your natural skin tone many salons have test strips of hair that you can choose from so pick what ever color that does no over power
To get a honey color, you'd need to bleach it and then add a toner (best done at the hairdresser's on dark hair). This process is damaging, and once you get sick of highlights you have to wait till they grow out. If I were you I'd leave your hair alone.... whenever I see a person with strange unnatural highlights I think it just looks weird.. sorry but I think you'd look classier the way your hair is now, and you'd save yourself salon costs and the cost of products to fix your damaged bleached highlights.
I guess honey with red would suit u just fine. Even i had similar hightlights which looked good. hallelujah
I have naturally black hair too and went thru the same thing..


i decided on red highlights and it looked amazing, but turned out the upkeep is difficult cuz it faded quickly to an orange and then you have to keep going back to the salon to have it re-dyed which is costly and damaging for your hair.. but if you can maitain it then either red or purple look amazing! actually try smaller highlights of blue here and there, that looks great with black hair as well (but again all those colours fade easily..)


I am not sure about the honey, as it may look unatural with black hair, IMHO i think that brown hair can compliment honey highlights better.





in case your wondering.. i stayed with my ';pumpkin'; hair (didnt want more chemicals in my hair) until my highlights grew out a bit then I went back to the salon and got this great colour done all over that gave purple reflections in the sun, but looked like a soft black in normal light..





good luck to you!
well, i think any dark color should look good, like a dark chocolate brown, or like you said dark purple... you may want to try some of those temporary dyes if you are not sure....
Blonde or red
I would go with the blue. U will be able to see it in the light but not in the dark.


I have always wanted to do that and its not too much of a commitment.
Most colors do go with black, I just suggest going with your style, choosing your own color, just remember, some chemicals that are in hair dyes, are dangerous, it can ruin your hair if you use it too much. Sometimes, it also causes hair loss! EEK!
i would definitely reccommend red highlights. trust me it would look great!!
red and blonde
ooh maybe a dark red with look god or light brown but dont get really light red because then it turns orange:/
yeah brown i was thinking of that and goldish something like that u know u tell me know some highlight colours thanx anyway!
Erm red,purple,light brown ........up to youuuuu good luck
Maybe 2 different shades of dark brown. But not too dark that you can't tell them apart from your real hair. Something that's mild and doesn't stand out too much.
i think some deep red tone with a deep brown tone
blonde, black or RED!
A dark, cranbery red color or a brown, color
red
It is healthiest to keep it natural. But I think a few shades of brown and red would look neat.
I would recommend that purple and/or red. I don't think you should go for the honey, or any other color that is a real hair color. It will look bad, but adding red or purple would be a funky touch to your dark hair. Good luck!
Well dark red goes really well with black and magenta-ish purple too!! Or you can get a honey brown colour=] But if you dye your hair and red or purple doesnt show you'll have to bleach your hair so it'll show. But i think the best two colours would be red and honey brown. Well those are just my opinions.=]good luck.
red would make u look cool
well i think red would look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment