Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it best to color/highlight you hair when it's dirty???

I always heard that your hair should be dirty because if not the chemicals will TOTALLY strip your hair. I haven't washed mine in several days (I wear it up in uniform all day) and have an appointment to get it highlighted later. I don't want to show up with ';greasy'; hair if not nessesary!!! LOL! Should i wash it first? I don't want to call and ask because I rescheduled my appointment twice and don't want to be a nuisance! THX!Is it best to color/highlight you hair when it's dirty???
I personally don't think it matters, I've colored my hair the day I washed it and it came out perfect...If you want to wash your hair then go ahead.Is it best to color/highlight you hair when it's dirty???
On the do-it-yourself boxes it says to have clean hair..but then when I asked the lady who was cutting my hair one day she told me that you should leave it dirty because it picks up color better that way. I personally think it doesn't really matter too much. I've tried it either way and the dye never lasts longer or shorter...plus when you get it done professionally it's going to last longer than DIY kits anyways..
Umm, whenever i colored and highlighted my hair at home, or when my mom did it, they wash your hair b4 to get the extra oils and extra dirty stuff out, then dry it!


It probably wont totally strip your hair, cuz i did it at HOME, and it turned out good.
Your hair should definitely be washed first that way your more likely to get the color desired, and if you have an appointment they will probably wash your hair anyway.
They should wash your hair first before your dye shouldn't they?





With the kits I use at home it says to have clean hair.
i never wash my hair before a color. just did mine last night after work - always turns out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment