Thursday, December 31, 2009

How young is ';too young'; to color or highlight you child's hair?

At a restaurant today I noticed a little girl with obvious high lights in her hair. She was perhaps 7 years old. This seemed odd to me. How young is too young to highlight (or color) your child's hair? Or is it nobody's business?How young is ';too young'; to color or highlight you child's hair?
i think that is a little. ok much too young. i was watching that one tv show ';little miss perfect'; with those little pageant girls. there were girls as young as 4 and 5 who had bleach hair, fake tans, fake teeth all that. its raising kids to be superficial and only care about their looks.How young is ';too young'; to color or highlight you child's hair?
My daughter is what you call dish water blonde and she put some kind of blonde coloring in her hair it didn't change the color too mush but added lighter blonde highlights and she is 13 so i would say that age is ok as long as it isn't too dramatic of a change. I see alot younger kids with streaks and it looks ridiculous
THAT IS EXTREMELY YOUNG!


Wait until 16.. but still.. once you dye your hair you have to keep doing it or doing..


Or else it will look tacky when their roots grow out.


Highlights, sure.


13 is a good age for highlights, but not 7.


-%26amp; also remember that hair dye has poison in it, and if you keep dyeing it and dyeing it it will fry your child's hair.


I would wait, but hey, that's my opinion. :-)





*Hope this helps!
If the kid is old enough to ask for themselves. I wanted green hair when I was 6. Begged for a month straight. Mum and Dad thought it would be a good learning experience ( figured I'd get picked on ) but it turned out awesome. Now I've dyed it Blue, Purple, Fire Engine Red, and some more subtle natural tones too. (not all at once mind you)


I think if the child would like a little change and it's not too extreme why not?
that seems really young. Die ruins your hair. I have this friend who hasn't had her natural color hair since she was in 2nd grade, now her hair doesn't change colors sometimes. Thats really scary. My personal opinion is that around middle school you could dye your hair, but just a little bit. Honestly, I wouldn't dye my hair unless it was greying.
That's way too young in my opinion. What does she have to look forward to in the future? I let my daughter dye her hair at 13, but it was a temp dye job....It's sad that a kid that age should be so caught up in looking good or ';in';. Way too young.
when i was in elementary school i would put blue streaks in my hair..


they were washable. it was just for fun!


i dont think its really an issue unless they are permanent. in that case i would say about 14 is a good age
I think that is WAY too young and sad actually. I admit my daughter whom is 3 gets a squirt every once in a while of sun in after a bath but thats it. I would never color her hair.
i think 13 and under is too young. i started dying my own hair at 14, although i regret screwing up my hair that early in life.
My daughter was 9 but I was a stylist and we experimented with makeup at home as result of our experimenting for ten years she is now a top stylist and has always looked classy not trashy.
i would say you have to be at least 12 years old to dye your hair, but different people might have a different oppinion about that.
My mom always told me the chemicals would screw me up. ;D





Wow. I'd definitely say middle school for highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment