Saturday, December 26, 2009

How long to wait to highlight after coloring hair?

I am coloring my hair red tomorrow...its a softer shade not like bright red. I am going to highlight it, but I need to know how long I should wait to do it? Thanks!How long to wait to highlight after coloring hair?
I do this at the same time on my clients, but of course I use professional products that are not so damaging to the hair, if using store brands wait a week then do highlights, until then condition very well, like reconstructor packs to build ur hair strength up so it wont be so damaged after bleaching, and dont do highlights too light, just leave on long enough to bring up a few shades, use shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair to help last longer, reds tend to fade fastHow long to wait to highlight after coloring hair?
I usually wait about a week. The highlights may say on the box if you need to do something different.





condition it alot :)
i agree with sunflower!
My stylist does both on the same day. However, she is a trained professional and I'm guessing you aren't. I don't recommend doing a double process like that on your own. The results could be disasterous.

No comments:

Post a Comment