Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How can I remove the colored highlight surrounding the text of the labels of the icons on my PC desktop?

This changed when I copied an image from a Word document to my desktop.How can I remove the colored highlight surrounding the text of the labels of the icons on my PC desktop?
Try this:





1. Right-click on the desktop and select Properties.


2. Click on the Desktop tab.


3. Click the Customize Desktop button.


4. Click the Web tab.


5. See if the Lock Desktop Items checkbox is selected.


6. If it is, clear it.


7. Click OK.





If that doesn’t work, try this:





1. Right click on My Computer and select Properties.


2. Click the Advanced tab.


3. Under Performance, click the Settings button.


4. Click on the Visual Effects tab.


5. Check the check box next to “Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop”.


6. Click OK.





Hope that helps.


  • ds browser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment