Friday, December 18, 2009

What should the tip be for a haircut and highlight (color) job??

Just want to know what a fair tip would be for a haircut and highlight job for LONG, fine hair.What should the tip be for a haircut and highlight (color) job??
I'm a stylist and I think that most people (that tip as not everyone does) tip around the same as you would for a restaurant. 10-20% based on the results compared to what you wanted. When I was still in cosmetology schol I went to my stylist for a botched dye job (my creativity didn't go exactly as planned lol) and 6 hours and alot of bleach and color later I was done. She charged me $160 for a corrective color, cut, blow dry and style which normally would've been well over $300 so I tipped her $50 only because she fit me in on such short notice , I was expecting to pay ALOT more, and she gave me such a deal.What should the tip be for a haircut and highlight (color) job??
It used to be ten percent. But with the price of gas now 'days You should probably tip her ten dollars. That seems fair.
15-20% of cost
Here's a tip.....don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment