Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is it safe for me to highlight lengthy relaxed hair? What colors look good on a warm brown complexion?

I don't like blond or red/burgundy. But i would like a color that would enhance the tone of my skin. I have lengthy hair in a healthy condition.Is it safe for me to highlight lengthy relaxed hair? What colors look good on a warm brown complexion?
I say go for it!! You've earned it for taking such good care of your hair!!! Just get it done professionally, of course....





For a warm brown, i would say a warm, soft light brown.... like Honey almost. I'm trying to find a color for lighter skinned women myself.... I just want to get highlights in medium brown since my hair is a shade lighter than black. OMG!!





Good luck and flaunt those sexy highlights girl!!Is it safe for me to highlight lengthy relaxed hair? What colors look good on a warm brown complexion?
It depends on what type of relaxer you used. If you used a sodium hydroxide relaxer I would advise that you seek out a salon and ask their opinion. If your hair is in good condition, they might be willing to risk it. If you used a thio relaxer it's likely that you'd be able to with less risk, but still when mixing chemicals it is always best go to to a professional. We had a girl in class who relaxed her own hair and decided to do highlights and ended up with all the highlights so damaged they were breaking everywhere up the hair-shaft. Had she asked the teacher (a licensed stylist) she would have known better.





Whether it's colour on top of colour, or relaxers and perms with colour, mixing chemicals is a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing. Also the stuff you buy at Wal-mart and places like that are not quality grade materials and therefore will give you splotchy, uneven results as they are sometimes too weak or too strong and you never really know as a consumer without the proper training.





I urge you to ask your stylist for their opinion on colour choices if they feel your hair is healthy enough after a strand test to take the brunt of another chemical service.





Best of luck!
light brown
i used to relax my hair and it was healthy but after i got highlights i started getting a lot of split ends and breakage
yea its safe to highlight your hair as long as you take care of it after you do so/if not you may experience damaged hair.....you may want to try a copper tone.....normally red/burgundy does looks good on darker skin tones

No comments:

Post a Comment