Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Why don't I have text and highlight colors when I compose?

When I click on text and highlight colors, the box in the lower left hand corner tells me I have no colors. How do I get colors?Why don't I have text and highlight colors when I compose?
Make sure you are in Rich Text Format.





1. Click Compose in the upper-left corner of your Mail page.


2. A blank Compose page opens. To the right of the Subject box is a link 鈥?if you鈥檝e been composing in Plain Text, you鈥檒l see Rich Text, which you can click to begin composing in a different font or color or size or style. Super!


3. If you鈥檙e composing in Rich Text, you鈥檒l see the link next to the Subject box change to Plain Text. You guessed it 鈥?clicking this now puts you back into plain-text mode.





Once in Rich Text, you can write your text first, then change the look of it, or you can make your style choices first and then write your text with the new look activated. Here鈥檚 how:





* To change the look of your text after you write it, drag the pointer over your message to select it, then click whatever color, font, style choices you want to make in the toolbar.


* To make your color, font or style choices first, click the options in the toolbar, then write your text.

No comments:

Post a Comment