Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How soon can I home-highlight after home-color?

Color is waaaaay too dark....should be warm medium brown, started out almost black. I look like a bad Elvis. I color every 3 months or so, and this has never happened. I have long hair that is probably naturally lt-med brown, with a few greys. Colored with a new maple hue from Loreal on 10/06, turned out too dark. Have been washing like crazy (and deep conditioning) and it's starting to lighten up (still dark brown, but with some maple undertones). Have a huge event day after tomorrow, and with my fair skin and blue eyes, I still look like I have a goth bad dye job. If I add some carmel highlights, it will make a huge difference. Hair is in good shape. Can I do it tomorrow? Please say yes! Any color suggestions, tips or hints or tricks? I'm just going to paint it on....which is best with long hair. Thanks!How soon can I home-highlight after home-color?
I have alot of experience coloring hair, my own and others... I normally wait 2 weeks before adding anything else... for your big event if you can't get the black to warm up I would go for a pulled up hair do, it will look a little less over whelming if it's up... if you want to go ahead and try some warm carmel, or even light red would probably look nice and break it up. Whatever you do if you rock it in yourself you won't come out as the acwkard that messed up your hair!! ;DHow soon can I home-highlight after home-color?
you might wanna go to a salon just to make sure that you expert advice and they might be better then doing it yourself. you dont wanna do the highlight to your hair and make it worse. good luck.
well anyone can say yes, but the fact is that color will not remove or lighten color that you have applied. I feel for you, and I don't mean to sound like I am trying to make a stylist or salon some money, but at this point that is where you need to go. They can lighten what you have applied to your hair, you do not want to remove it, because honestly, it will scare you to death to watch the process, because your hair will look like a carrot. Now if you go to someone who specializes in color and color correction, then that is fine, but they need years of experience in doing that, in other words some one who know what they are doing. Yes it will be expensive, but it comes down to whether or not you want it to look right and keep the hair that you have on your head and from falling out due to damage, or keeping it.





Best of luck
Go to a reputable salon to have it corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment